Recruitment or "Rush"
If you attended high school in HAYS, COMAL, or GUADALUPE county, the Centex Alumnae Panhellenic can help you with the recruitment process. The registration form and photos that you provide to us will be forwarded to recruitment chairs within each of our member sororities.
Please remember that you must also register for recruitment at the college you plan to attend.
Your university's website will usually include a link to the Collegiate Panhellenic organization, which can help you register for recruitment with the college. You might find this link under the "Student Life" section or by searching for 'panhellenic'. Filling out a registration form with Central Texas Alumnae Panhellenic Council does not register you for college recruitment, nor does it guarantee you placement in a sorority or a reference for a particular sorority.
Registration - Deadline is May 24, 2017
Registering with Central Texas Alumnae Panhellenic Council allows us to know who plans to go through the recruitment process on each campus. This is important for us as we strive to assist you in obtaining references (recommendations) for sororities with houses on your campus. These references ensure that your name and accomplishments are highlighted and publicized to the university women on your campus.
To register, follow the steps below:
1. Download the registration form in PDF format to your desktop. Print the file, fill out the form, then scan the file in to be emailed. Please rename the scanned file using the naming convention "Full Name_University.jpg".
2. We highly recommend (although not required) that you select two photographs of yourself - one close-up shot and one full-length shot - and scan the photographs so they can be emailed. Please ensure that the file(s) containing the photos is in .jpg format and that both photos are sized to 4 x 6. Please do not use photographer's proofs as they cannot be reproduced without copyright infringement issues.
3. We also highly recommend (although not required) that you obtain an unofficial high school transcript and scan it so it can be emailed. Please ensure that your social security number is removed or masked.
4. Compile a resume of your accomplishments, much like you would use for a job application. No unusual or quirky fonts please!
5. Send an email to CTAPC.email@example.com containing the following attachments:
- Completed registration form
- Resume (recommended)
- Transcript (recommended)
- Two photos (recommended)
The subject line of the email should include your full name and selected university. If the total file size including all attachments is too large to be transmitted via email, please divide the attachments between two emails with the same subject line and send both emails at the same time.
You will receive an acknowledgement email from Central Texas Alumnae Panhellenic Council. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 7 days, please contact us to verify receipt by emailing CTAPC.firstname.lastname@example.org.
What else can you do to prepare for Recruitment?
You can also prepare information packets that can be distributed to any alumna requesting your information. These packets should include a resume, transcript, and photographs. Family friends and teachers are great people to ask for recommendations! Because they know you well, they are often able to provide personal letters of support.
Only one formal recommendation is required for each sorority, although it is perfectly acceptable to have multiple alumnae write letters of support on your behalf. The alumna who agrees to support you is responsible for mailing the recommendation to her local sorority reference chairman. It is NOT the responsibility of the potential new member.
Good manners also dictate that you write a personal note thanking each alumnus for her support. You probably will not know when the letter is sent, but thanking the alumnus a few weeks after providing her the information will be appreciated (or will serve as a reminder for her to send the letter or recommendation)!
The deadline for registration with CTAPC is May 24, 2017.